Saturday 13 October 2012

Blog #2


I woke up this morning to feel a chill running up my spine. I sat up with my covers wrapped around me and turned my head to look out my window only to be welcomed by an icy window and frosty landscape. It was winter once again. Knowing that I had to get up to go to work, I loathingly pulled myself from the warmth of my covers and got dressed. After I ate breakfast and brushed my teeth, I returned to my room to retrieve my winter jacket from my closet. I slipped my arms into the sleeves and did up the zipper. Dreading the thought of getting into my car which had a broken heater, I put my hands in my pockets. In my right pocket I felt the crunch of paper. Slightly annoyed with myself assuming it was an old receipt, I pulled it out of my pocket only to reveal an old 100 dollar bill. Amazed and excited, I tried to think back to when I would have got such a thing. I then remembered my 21st birthday celebration with my family. My grandmother gave me 500 dollars which I spent 400 on buying a used dryer and some plates for my apartment. I then began to debate what I would spend the 100 dollars on. Maybe I would buy a new I-pod. Maybe I would put it towards a plane ticket to go to Cancoon. As I was debating what I would buy. I once again looked outside at the snowy landscape when suddenly I had an epiphany. I knew exactly what to buy. I figured I would buy a new heater for my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment